The volume requirements of electronic products are getting smaller and smaller, and PCBA processing also needs to pay close attention to the problems that are prone to occur during welding. For example, bridging is a common defect where the solder flows directly through the connector during high-temperature welding, resulting in bridging. Bridging may occur at different stages of the PCBA processing. So what is the reason for the bridge connection? What are the solutions to avoid bridging? Today, Shenzhen PCBA processing factory Yingchuang Electronics is here to learn about bridge connections with everyone.
The reason for bridge connection caused by PCBA welding:
1. PCB design issue: The placement of larger and heavier components on the same side of the PCB results in uneven weight distribution and tilting.
2. Reverse orientation of components
3. Lack of redundancy in space between gaskets
4. Unscientific setting of reflow soldering furnace temperature curve
5. Unreasonable SMT patch pressure setting, etc.
Solution to bridge connection caused by PCBA welding:
1. PCB printed circuit board design: Strictly carry out scientific planning at the circuit board design level, reasonably distribute the weight of components on both sides, adjust the spacing of dense components, and add solder mask layers appropriately.
2. Reflow soldering furnace temperature curve: In PCBA processing, literally speaking, when liquid solder melts, the higher temperature end of the solder has higher activity. If the reflow soldering temperature curve is not set properly, it will lead to disordered flow of solder paste. Increase the chance of bridging.
3. Choose a solder paste printer: The solder paste printer does not require the use of steel mesh to apply solder paste, which will reduce poor solder paste contact coating caused by unscientific template openings, warping of steel mesh, and detachment of steel mesh.
4. Reasonably control the amount of solder paste used: Reasonably control the amount of solder paste applied to reduce the problem of excessive collapse and high fluidity of solder paste.
5. Reasonable setting of solder mask layer: Setting solder mask layer correctly can greatly help reduce the risk of solder bridging
After understanding how to prevent solder bridging, you can focus on their processes, PCB design, reflow curves, and other related issues when reviewing PCBA assembly plants, in order to reduce the uncontrollable cost expenditures caused by problems. IPCB has been focusing on PCBA processing for 20 years, please contact us if you have any needs