Newcomers often confuse nickel plated palladium with nickel plated gold. What is the difference between nickel plated palladium and nickel plated gold in PCB?
Nickel palladium is a non selective surface processing process, which uses chemical methods to deposit a layer of nickel, palladium and gold on the surface of copper layer of printed circuit.
Nickel and gold electroplating refers to the method of electroplating to make gold particles adhere to PCB. It is also called hard gold because of its strong adhesion; This process can greatly increase the hardness and wear resistance of PCB and effectively prevent the diffusion of copper and other metals.
Difference between chemical nickel palladium and electroplated nickel gold
1. Both belong to the important surface treatment process in PCB proofing;
2. The main application field is wiring and connection process, which should be applied to medium and high-end electronic circuit products.
1. The chemical reaction rate of nickel palladium is low because of the common chemical reaction process;
2. The liquid medicine system of nickel and palladium is more complex and has higher requirements on production management and quality management.
1. Nickel palladium chloride adopts leadless gold plating process, which can better cope with more precise and high-end electronic circuits;
2. The comprehensive production cost of nickel and palladium is lower;
3. Nickel palladium chloride has no tip discharge effect and has a higher advantage in controlling the arc rate of the gold finger;
4. Nickel palladium chloride has great advantages in comprehensive production capacity because it does not need to be connected with lead wire and electroplating wire.
The above is the difference between PCB proofing nickel palladium and electroplated nickel gold. I hope it can help you